Date: 7/16/17 11:55 am
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [COBOL] fledging Pygmy Nuts
Cobol,
Yard birds west of Bend. About 3 weeks ago, some fledged, and begging
youngsters followed parents around, wings fluttering.
Yesterday and today I saw the same thing. I presume the begging doesn't
go on for 3 weeks? So I think another group of young Pygmy Nuthatches
has fledged.

Also, Violet-green Swallows are taking food to youngsters in a box near
my house. The adult perches at the entrance to offer food so I presume
the young may be grown enough to fledge soon.

I have new neighbors on 2 sides. I am keeping an eye out for any roaming
domestic predators who may have accompanied them to the neighborhood. If
they didn't bring any, I will be back in business feeding birds in my
yard, after years of being unable to do so. Fingers crossed, Judy
Meredith, <jmeredit...>