Date: 7/16/17 9:43 am
From: Ben Cvengros <bencvengros...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Interesting gnatcatcher behavior
Around noon today, I opened my window in my room to let the cool air in, and I noticed a little gnatcatcher hopping around on the ground in the mulch my dad had just put down a couple weeks ago. He picked a spot, sat down, and spread his wings and tail feathers out as much as they could go. He sat there for about 30 seconds not moving anything but his head to look around. I don't know for sure, but my best guess is to warm himself in the sunshine and on the mulch, which is probably pretty warm itself.

Ben Cvengros

Join us on Facebook!