Date: 7/16/17 9:28 am
From: Pat Lueders <000000224f38bbb7-dmarc-request...>
Subject: 8 Mississippi Kite sightings in Webster Groves
After meeting Kevin from Maryland last week who needed a Mississippi Kite for his life list and asked me where to look, I thought I'd share some possible locations in the Webster Groves area for others that also might want to see one.

My unofficial 4-mile walking loop survey produced 8 kite sightings this Sunday morning, an "average to good" amount for this area in comparison to the last 10 years. I've listed the intersections below for others that might want to try for this species. Look for perched kites on dead branches. The entire list of sightings is on eBird.

Pat Lueders, Webster Groves, MO

Bonita & Crofton-one adult perched
Sherwood & Baker-pair, one perched and one flying
Jefferson & Cedar-one adult perched
Jefferson & W. Swon-soaring
Jefferson & Planthurst-adult perched
Big Bend & Rock Hill Rd-2 adults soaring

Other locations in this area where birds have been sighted:

Grant Road & Berry Road
Glendale & Albany Ct.

Sent from my iPad
ABA Birding Code of Ethics