Date: 7/16/17 9:11 am
From: Vanessa Lane <snowgyre...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Please temporarily ignore rare bird alerts from Tift and surrounding counties
Students currently enrolled in my nongame wildlife management class are
required to submit Ebird lists as part of their citizen science class
projects. Inevitably, all of them waited until the last moment to submit
their lists (the assignment is due on Wednesday). Please temporarily ignore
rare bird alerts coming from Tift and surrounding counties. I will be
working with the students this week to correct errors. For now, I am
allowing the errors to stand because they are being graded on list quality
and their ability to document species Ebird flags as rare.

If you receive rare bird alerts from Tift and surrounding counties, I
encourage you to contact the students submitting the reports. If they
receive feedback from someone other than the person grading them (me), they
would benefit greatly from it.

Thank you for your patience,
~Vanessa Lane
Tifton, GA