Date: 7/16/17 7:48 am
From: Michele Swartout <michele31...> [countybirders] <countybirders-noreply...>
Subject: [CB] Pine Grosbeaks-Shasta County
Hi all, sorry for a late post, but I have not had much for service for the past few days. As I was working/logging out a couple trails in Lassen Park, I had a pair of Pine Grosbeaks calling and foraging in the trees. I watched them for about 5 minutes and then had to get back to work. I don't know if they are hanging around there or were just passing through, but they hung around the trees for as long as I could watch. I saw them working the trees on the southeast end of Big Bear Lake where the trail runs right next to the water. This is a 4+ mile hike to Big Bear Lake from Summit Lake or 4 miles from Badger Flat, which is accessed from Forest Service land and is a little more remote and not signed at all. I saw them at approximately 0800 hrs. on Thursday morning.

Michele Swartout
Red Bluff

Posted by: Michele Swartout <michele31...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)