Date: 7/16/17 6:59 am
From: Bill Baker <oldquarryadventures...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Tropicbird trips to Seal Island success
Last Tuesday ended up being super foggy by the time we got to the island
meaning no Tropicbird. There were well over 40 gannet out there and equal
numbers of Wilson's Storm-petrels, but surprisingly no shearwaters. The
island had an abundance of puffins and razorbills in the water and great
cormorants around the nest. This Tuesday also looks foggy, but we have
another Trip on Friday the looks promising. So far this year we are 3/5 on
the red-billed tropicbird and its been completely weather dependent. Last
year was 4/8 so we are about on track for a similar record at Old Quarry
Ocean Adventures.