Date: 7/15/17 9:16 pm
From: Chuck Seniawski <000000156665bc53-dmarc-request...>
Subject: King Ranch, Cheyenne
While on an historic ranches tour today with a group at the King Ranch, I saw 16 species.

Canada Goose 12; Turkey Vulture 1; Swainson's Hawk 1; Mourning Dove 1; Western Wood-Pewee 1; Western Kingbird 1;
Horned Lark 2; Barn Swallow 12; American Robin 3; Chestnut-collared Longspur 1; McCown's Longspur 1; Lark Bunting 2;
Brewer's Blackbird 1; Common Grackle 1; House Finch 2; American Goldfinch 1.

Beautiful day to be out in this oasis on the prairie, and some pretty good activity for just 1 1/2 hours of watching while I was learning about the ranch's history and operations. Not seen during this visit, but plentiful this year, I was told, is Western Meadowlark.

Chuck Seniawski
Cheyenne

Join us on Facebook!