Date: 7/15/17 1:34 pm
From: Dave Youker via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Anhingas Nesting at Harwoods Mill Reservoir
This morning while checking my Prothonotary Warbler and Wood Duck boxes at
Harwoods Mill, I ran across a pair of Anhinga. Initially the male took
flight, and then the female emerged from some dense cover on a Bald Cypress.
Since this is the first time this year that I've seen them together, I
checked for a possible nest. Sure enough, low in the Bald Cypress was the
nest. I moved away, and the male eventually took his turn on the nest. A
nice addition to the Poquoson West SW block of the VA Breeding Bird Atlas!
Photo is at the link.

http://ebird.org/ebird/atlasva/view/checklist/S38148201

Dave Youker
Yorktown, VA