Date: 7/14/17 8:02 pm
From: Kent <kentjohnson...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Monterey and around
Two or three ANCIENT MURRELETS were off Pt. Pinos this morning. I an not sure what the situation with Heermann's Gulls breeding success is this year, but there were three juveniles in the flock off Ocean View at Coral in Pacific Grove.

The SANDHILL CRANE was a Moro Cojo Slough early this afternoon.

In the vicinity of Kirby Park on Elkhorn Slough there were a couple of LESSER YELLOWLEGS along with a few GREATERS. Dozens of RED-NECKED PHALAROPES were in the same area; I thought perhaps some Wilson's Phalaropes too, but could not get a good enough view to be sure. Does anyone, by the way, know when, if ever, Kirby Park will reopen? The gate has been locked the last four times I have been there.

Kent Johnson

Boulder Creek