Date: 7/14/17 5:32 pm
From: Erika Frost <efrost...>
Subject: [obol] Upcoming Beached Bird Trainings in Port Orford and Florence
Need an excuse to go to the coast? Help make a difference for the environment by collecting beached bird data for the Coastal Observation and Seabird Survey Team (COASST). COASST is a citizen science program involving participants in the collection of high quality data used in natural resource management and conservation decisions.

Beached bird participants systematically count and identify bird carcasses to help determine baselines for seabird mortality along the North Pacific coast. No prior experience is necessary, just a commitment to survey a specific beach (about ¾ mile) each month.

If you are interested in participating, visit our website to learn more about our program and join us at one of the training sessions below:

PORT ORFORD TRAINING

Saturday, July 22, 2017

10:00 am – 4:00 pm

OSU Sea Grant Field Station

444 Jackson Street

Port Orford, OR 97465

FLORENCE TRAINING

Sunday, July 23, 2017

10:00 am – 4:00 pm

Siuslaw Library

1460 9th Street

Florence, OR 97439

There is no charge to attend, but we ask participants to provide a $20 refundable deposit if they would like to take home a COASST survey toolkit. Beach surveys are best conducted in groups of 2 or more – please come with a survey partner in mind or plan to join a team during training. Training activities take place indoors. Please RSVP to <coasst...> or 206-221-6893.

If you’re unable to attend, please check our calendar for upcoming trainings or let us know if you’d like to be contacted about future trainings near you.

Join us on Facebook!