Date: 7/14/17 8:37 am
From: CK Franklin <meshoppen...>
Subject: Re: Black-bellied Whistling Ducks
My humble apologies. I knew where I was. I blame the humidity.

Joe Hogan hatchery in Lonoke. We also found a family of Western Kingbirds on Rappich Rd that forms the eastern boundary of Joe Hogan. Shorebirds-many Least Sandpipers, 2 Lesser Yellowlegs, 1 Pectoral Sandpiper, & Kildeer. Staff says they've been seeing small terns & Black-necked Stilts are around. We did not see the terns or stilts.
Please remember Joe Hogan is walk-in only these days.

We had a long chat with the manager. He said the Sharp-tailed Sandpiper last year really made an impression. He said he is looking at maybe increasing the mud & shallow pools available to waders as they raise & lower pond levels. I mentioned several folks he might talk to about this.

CindY
Lonoke today