Date: 7/13/17 9:26 am
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Air Station Prairie Flooded Thursday 7-13-17
Hello Bird People,

This should come as no surprise but both ponds (east & west of the
nature center building) are flooded with no shorebird habitat
remaining. If you were considering a visit to look for the previously
seen Short Billed Dowitchers you should reconsider & delay your visit.
I will check again early next week & report on the water levels at
that time. If anyone checks before I do please report as well.

The only birds I saw today were Great Blue Heron (1), Mallard (1-AD &
1-young), many hunting & resting Tree, Rough Winged & Barn Swallows &
1 young Spotted Sandpiper flew by trying to figure out where to land.

Al Stokie

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional