Date: 7/11/17 5:33 pm
From: Lisa Larson <lisafaylarson...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Looked for a miracle...but found something pretty miraculous anyway
Hi Birders,

I heard from a friend that the white Anna's at the UCSC Arboretum had
gotten better. Last time I saw it, he was in really bad shape, so I went to
investigate.

I didn't find the Anna's, but I did find a male leucistic Allen's
Hummingbird. He is a healthy and pugnacious guy. I saw him do the U-shape
flight pattern, but the sound at the bottom of the dive was very weak, if
there at all. I think it is a young male. All of the male Allen's I saw
today were young. Does that sound right? Have the mature ones migrated?

Photos (not easy to photograph him in bright light and they are competitive
as heck)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lisafay/

Happy birding,
-Lisa