Date: 7/11/17 1:30 pm
From: Roy Lowe <roy.loweiii...>
Subject: [obol] Long-tailed Duck - Alsea Bay
This morning I was at the Alsea Bay Jaws and observed a long-tailed duck in
heavy molt. It was hanging out with 3 juv surf scoters and 1 white-winged
scoter. It was a long view across the mouth of the bay with binos and a
camera lens but I could detect no pink color in the bill so I believe this
may be a juv female but comments are welcomed. Attached are two highly
cropped photos, the second of which has a white-winged scoter in the frame
for size comparison.

Other birds of note include 5 Pacific loons, 2 red-breasted mergansers and
a beautiful adult Heermann's gull.

Roy

Join us on Facebook!