Date: 7/10/17 7:12 pm
From: Rowe, Richard A, 'Dick' via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Blue Ridge Parkway birding on Monday
I was able to get out and do a little birding on the Parkway this morning. It was lovely up there - cool with a breeze and the birds were active. I saw/heard Scarlet Tanagers, Wood Thrushes, Towhees, Ovenbirds, Indigo Buntings, Pine Warblers, Worm-eating Warblers, Black-and-white Warblers, Hooded Warblers, Chestnut-sided Warblers, Goldfinches, Carolina Chickadees, White-breasted Nuthatches, Ruby-throated Hummingbirds, Robins, Crows, Turkey Vultures, Brown Thrashers, Catbirds, Field Sparrows, and Barn Swallows. I am certain I heard a Red-breasted Nuthatch but I was distracted by a Hooded Warbler at the time and didn't pursue the RBNU. I've up-loaded some photos of a Pine Warbler and Hooded Warbler.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vmibiology/

Dick Rowe
VMI Biology Dept.