Date: 7/10/17 4:29 pm
From: CJ Grimes <cjgrimes...>
Subject: Ash-throated Flycatchers, Hot Springs County
Saturday morning a group from the Washakie/Hot Springs WPLI committee took a field trip to the Cedar Mountain Wilderness Study Area (contact me directly if you have interest in the public lands initiative process)

At the WSA boundary, coming from the south, there is a fairly large stand of mature Utah juniper with some limber pine mixed in. There were 2 different Ash-throated Flycatchers calling in this area. I didn't have time to chase after them and try for photos, but the call is unmistakable as well as familiar - they were yard birds for us when we lived in NM. They are less than a mile from Washakie County. Other birds in the area were Black-throated Gray Warblers (juveniles) Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Gray Flycatcher, Rock Wren and Mourning Dove.

CJ Grimes
Ten Sleep

Join us on Facebook!