Date: 7/10/17 11:38 am
From: Judy Donaldson <calqua...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Capitola- juvenile COOPER'S HAWKS
While driving down Wharf Road yesterday (about 3:30 pm), I heard some distinct squealing calls above the road noise. I walked back there this morning (about 10:00 am) and heard them again. There were at least two juvenile COOPER'S HAWKS in the area between the entrance to Wharf Road Manor and the top of the path coming up from Soquel Creek/Rispin Mansion area. I saw one flying and calling. It came from the creek side and flew into the trees in W.R. Manor. I'm guessing the nest is near the creek, as most of the calls yesterday and today came from that direction.

If you want to investigate, the library parking lot is nearby. Good to know they are still in the area. The construction activity around Rispin only pushed them upstream and not completely away.
Judy Donaldson