Date: 7/9/17 11:22 pm
From: Frank Kolwicz <fhkolwicz1...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Basket Slough - addendum re: Stilts
For the past few days I've only been seeing two juveniles at the
narrows, so far, with no sign of an attending adult. Last year, when
they nested very close to the road on the south side, I got to watch one
brood from fluff-balls to fledglings and were gone. An adult stayed
close by eachof the two surviving broods until around the time they left
and the young had lost about all of their brownish-tinted feathers,
making them almost indistinguishable from adults.

I wonder where the adults are. Second brood? Not according to BOGR, so
maybe lost to predation.

Frank