Date: 7/9/17 9:28 pm
From: Chuck Seniawski <000000156665bc53-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Wyoming Hereford Ranch and Reservoir 1
Visited both on Saturday morning. Much more activity than I expected at the reservoir, with a few shorebirds present. I did get to see dickcissels on the county road between Burlington Trail Road and Campstool Road. Haying is in progress in the fields and along the road margins, though, so I am not sure how long they will stay. Persistence was the watchword. I drove slowly from west to east on the road and saw none. It was when I retraced my route, driving from east to west, that I was able to spot the birds.

Chuck Seniawski
Cheyenne

Wyoming Hereford Ranch--Reservoir Number 1, Laramie, Wyoming, US
Jul 8, 2017 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments: 75 degrees, partly cloudy, light breeze. From west and east observation points and below dam.
36 species (+2 other taxa)

Canada Goose 165
Gadwall 2
Mallard 141 Including one hen which had 18 ducklings swimming with her. No other hens in sight, out on the water.
Blue-winged/Cinnamon Teal 1
Northern Shoveler 2
Northern Pintail 6
Redhead 8
Western Grebe 9
Western/Clark's Grebe 1 Clark's Grebe -- Eye clearly surrounded by white. Orange-ish bill.
Double-crested Cormorant 31
American White Pelican 25
Great Blue Heron 5
American Coot 2
American Avocet 32
Killdeer 3
Western Sandpiper 4
Wilson's Phalarope 2
Spotted Sandpiper 2
Solitary Sandpiper 1
Franklin's Gull 6
Ring-billed Gull 9
Mourning Dove 1
Western Wood-Pewee 1
Western Kingbird 1
Eastern Kingbird 1
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 30
Bank Swallow 2
Barn Swallow 1
Cliff Swallow 1
American Robin 1
European Starling 44
Yellow Warbler 1
Red-winged Blackbird 3
Western Meadowlark 2
Brown-headed Cowbird 1
Bullock's Oriole 1
House Finch 2
American Goldfinch 1

Burlington Trail Road at WHR to Campstool Rd, Laramie, Wyoming, US
Jul 8, 2017 10:15 AM - 11:20 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments: High 70s, partly cloudy. Haying in progress. Much of the north side acreage had already been cut. Margins along the north side of the road were being cut as I left.
13 species

Swainson's Hawk 2
Wilson's Snipe 4
Mourning Dove 4