Date: 7/8/17 3:22 pm
From: STEVE MATTAN <stevemattan...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Possible Spotted Towhee
"Possible Spotted Tohwee at Whitesbog, east of Suningive, based on brief views and calls. 7/8/17 mid afternoon. Terry Schmidtā€¯

I was with Terry and the call was not an Eastern Towhee and not quite a Spotted Towhee. I only had distant naked eye looks at the bird but Terry saw distinct white spots on the wings.

I played the spotted call on my phone and the bird flew in.

We were at the picnic tables just east of Suningive, before the bogs.

Eastern Towhees were also calling in the area.

Perhaps not something to chase, but if you are in the area certainly something to be on the look out for.

Steve Mattan
Whitesbog