Date: 7/8/17 10:30 am
From: Michael Bily <mqbily...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Fox River (Kane County)
The glorious weather Saturday morning was exhilarating to both humans and birds.  Humans were out in droves, walking, jogging and biking on the Fox River Trail.  Birds everywhere were loudly singing.
At Fabyan Woods Japanese Garden, the resident Yellow Throated Warbler could be seen and heard singing from the top of the tallest pine all morning.  In the thicket west of the Bear Cage (yes, there is a Bear Cage), I consistently heard what I took to be a Black Throated Blue Warbler.
At Les Arends Forest Preserve, the two adult Red Headed Woodpeckers continue to defend their nest from the lurking starlings and Red Bellied Woodpeckers.  Heard singing nearby were a Wood Thrush and a Yellow Throated Vireo.
Mike BilyBatavia