Date: 7/7/17 8:16 pm
From: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET red-breasted nuthatch (cook co) 7/5/17 sighting
I can't freaking believe this.  I heard a "nuthatch" that "sounded weird" but I couldn't find it so I let it go.  Later there were a family (presumed) of chickadees in our ponderosa pine so I was watching them.  Then I thought there was a nuthatch, but it was "too small," and it didn't "act right" (more like a foraging chickadee) so I figured it was one of the chickadees (no bins).  I took some video of said nuthatch and I'm just watching it now and it's a freaking red-breasted nuthatch.  O.M.G.
We had two here this fall but they didn't stay for the winter.  This is crazy.  Crazy I tell you!
Going to add a data point to the shifting range of birds to e-bird now.
Suzanne ColemanCook co.7/7/17

Join us on Facebook!