Date: 7/7/17 10:02 am
From: Judy & Don <9waterfall9...>
Subject: Re: Lollie Update
Michael,

Maybe this is obvious but someone sprayed herbicide on the Johnson Grass and whatever plants are in the last photo. It splashed the corn leaves next to the mowed area.
Without knowing what chemical was used it is impossible to predict how long the poison will remain effective. Some break down within 24 -36 hours. Some last for over a year and will kill any seeds that germinate the following year. There are some seriously bad herbicides out there in every farm supply, garden supply, landscape center, etc.

Here is a very helpful reference for anyone who is concerned about the environment and the birds, wildlife, aquatics, and humans who live in the environment. It will reveal which are considered PAN Bad Actors that are carcinogens or endocrine disruptors (not just in humans), and it lists alternatives to commercial chemicals:
http://www.pesticideinfo.org/

Judith
Ninestone, Carroll County

On Jul 6, 2017, at 8:32 PM, Michael Linz <mplinz...> wrote:

> I birded Lollie Bottoms today and it was pretty slow. I'm not sure what happened to all the birds but I took some pictures in hopes that some of the smart people on this listserv could figure out what happened. And maybe they can figure out if something can or should be done to fix the problem.
>
> https://goo.gl/nVCaA9
>
> BTW: The soybeans look great!
>
> Michael Linz(wondering if anybody cares)

Join us on Facebook!