Date: 7/6/17 4:09 am
From: Sandy Berger <sndbrgr...>
Subject: Kites
While common east, west, and south of us, Mississippi Kites arrived in Fort
Smith just a few years ago. It still thrills me to see them flying about
in town or just perched on a dead branch in Oak Cemetery.
Last night I went for a walk in my neighborhood. All of a sudden 15 MIKIs
took off from a clump of trees in a yard, and were flying just over the
tops of the trees and houses. It was a sight to see.
Even my husband was impressed.
A lot of birds species are in peril because of loss of habitat. Thankfully
some, like MIKIs and Scissortails, can adapt and do quite well in urban
settings.

Sandy B.
FS, AR

Join us on Facebook!