Date: 7/5/17 3:26 pm
From: Yong Kong <yklitespeed...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Ruff, Atlantic County
Thank you Sam G, and Debbie Beer, and especially Adrian Binns for his photos
of the 7-3-2017 Brig Ruff.

I did chase the prior-previously reported Ruff at Brig a few times while
back including this latest Ruff on the 4th. Had I known about the plumage
appearance of the July 3 Ruff (or saw the photos prior to my visit on the
4th) good chance I would have never chased it the next day.

Reason and why is that ? Simple, without seeing the photos of 7-3 Ruff, this
dumb birder kept thinking how he could miss that Ruff while the bird was
in right front of his eyes during each visit he made to the Goose Marker 4
in search of shorebirds. Seriously, I kept assuming one of those odd
looking lesser yellowleg, grunt size willet, or kind of funny looking
short-billed dowitcher I have encountered recently was in fact the reported
Ruff, but I could not make the Ruff ID connection. Reason why I kept going
back to redeem myself.

Now the photos are posted, I would have been content just looking at
Adrian's photos and move on. I did not even realized there is a term to
describe a birder like myself until this past weekend. That is some birders
just look at birds with dots on it. Meaning, looking at ebird photos on the
computer screen and call that a birding.

Yong Kong
Camden County