Date: 7/5/17 3:06 pm
From: Sandra Keller <sandrakeller...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Summer Tanagers - still singing - Cumberland
Marilyn and I hit my spots in Cumberland as I was still missing this species for the year! I wasn’t even sure if
they would still be singing. They were. In fact, one male was non stop for our time in Bevan. Wow! We were
thinking maybe he lost his mate and was looking for another. We actually tired of him… yes, I know - that’s
unusual! - and continued on down the road - found a family group. That’s what I was expecting! Always good
to get out and explore - always something different. We were going to head west toward western Cumberland,
but ended up at the Meadows in Cape May Point - That Purple Gallinule was elusive though. Saw the
Least Bittern and the Common though.

Butterfly notes - Common Buckeyes everywhere.

Good birding all. Maybe western Cumberland over the weekend. Or Forsythe. Lots of stuff there.

Sandra Keller
<sandrakeller...>

Sent from my Imac

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>