Date: 7/5/17 1:19 pm
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Townsend's Warblers in the Oregon Coast Range
*
I have lived in the Washington County Coast Range for 25 years and seen Townsend's Warbler
at best TWICE in all those years. Even spring records at the peak of migration should be well
documented in my opinion. When there are scores on Mt Tabor there are zero at my house. I
learned about ten years ago that "heard only" Hermit/Black-throated Gray in my immediate area
are best reported that way. I have seen enough Hermits singing B-t G songs on Hayward Rd to make
me gunshy everywhere I hear either species now.
Lars
On Jul 5, 2017, at 9:46 AM, Russ Namitz wrote:

> Excellent discussion. Townsend's Warbler was listed as my most likely potential Yamhill County bird in late June via eBird "needs" list. What? That seemed unlikely and almost certainly due to number of accepted records during that month.
>
> There are number of accepted June records for a few other Coast Range counties in OR. I'm sure this discussion will hop over to the OR eBird Reviewer listserve on how to best to handle this issue. Reports from the southern Cascades would need to undergo the same scrutiny.
>
> Good birding,
> Russ Namitz
>
> Sent from my iPhonePOST: Send your post to <obol...>

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!