Date: 7/5/17 12:59 pm
From: Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...>
Subject: ASCA Field Trip Saturday
This Saturday, June 8th, is the field trip sponsored by the Audubon Society of Central Arkansas (ASCA).  See details below.  Everyone is welcome, you don't have to be an ASCA member.  It will be fairly hot so bring plenty of water.  If you have any questions, please feel free to email me off-list.Karen HollidayASCA Field Trip CoordinatorLittle Rock
 July 8Dr. Lester SitzesIII Bois D’Arc WMAHope, ARMeetat 7:00 a.m. at the south end of the commuter parking lot at the I-630/I-430intersection at Shackleford Road in Little Rock.  We’ll stop at the McDonald's in Hope (Exit 30off I-30) around 8:45 a.m. for those in south Arkansas who would like to joinus.  Look for  Great-tailed Grackles at McDonald's.  We should arrive at the Bois D’Arc WMA at9:15 a.m.  Our target birds will bePurple and Common Gallinules and their chicks, Least Bitterns, Anhingas,Black-bellied Whistling Ducks, herons, egrets, and possibly an alligator ortwo!  Very little walking will beinvolved.  Bring scopes, plenty of water,snacks, and lunch.  There are severalrestaurants in Hope if you prefer to eat lunch in town.  BoisD‘Arc WMA is located 10 miles south of Hope. Take Exit 30 off I-30 and go east. Continue past McDonald’s, then under the railroad overpass.  At the light at the big intersection, turnright onto Hwy. 67.  Go 1/3 of amile.  At the brown sign, turn left ontoHwy. 174.  Take Hwy. 174 south 6 miles tothe stop sign at Spring Hill.  Turn rightonto Hwy. 355.  Go west for 4 miles.  Turn right at the white wooden WMA sign justbefore the highway ends in the lake. Follow the paved road, then turn left onto the first gravel road and godown to the lake.  GPS: 33.558062,-93.694239

Join us on Facebook!