Date: 7/5/17 10:55 am
From: L Markoff <canyoneagle...>
Subject: [obol] possible Rose-breasted Grosbeak - Eugene
A few minutes ago my daughter called out to me that she saw an "odd-looking
Grosbeak". "It's mostly black and white, with some red here", she said as
she touched her chest. She isn't a birder, but I have dragged her with me
much of the time that I was birding for most of her 27 years, so she knows
quite a few birds. She is also one of the most observant people I have ever
known, and she has gotten me a number of lifebirds over the years. So, I
take what she says seriously.

By the time I grabbed my nox and camera and made it outside, the bird flew
off. There are carpenters pounding away at the neighbor's house today, so
the yard probably isn't appealing to birds right now. Will post again if it
returns. Others in the area might want to keep and eye/ear out for it.

Lori Markoff

Eugene (South Hills)

Join us on Facebook!