Date: 7/5/17 6:49 am
From: Carole Winslow <cjwinslow94...>
Subject: Clarion Co- Dickcissels
I hadn't had time until this morning to follow up on the dickcissel
report on July 1 by Anthony Bruno so ran over this morning to check up on
this sighting, I was very happy to find not one but two singing male
dickcissels and a female with one of them. Got pictures, video and
recordings of the two different songs.

They are on Skyline Rd which is 3.7 miles from my house and yet not a
road I have visited in some time, maybe since the atlas. There are so many
great areas in this part of the county that many of them like this get poor
coverage even from me ! I had forgotten what a nice stretch of grassland
this is and that I had great birds here for the atlas. Along with the
dickcissels I had Henslow's, horned lark, great numbers of bobolinks along
with willow flycatcher and swamp sparrow calling from a small pond across
the road. A beautiful morning ! It will be posted in eBird and the
coordinates on the map will be accurate for this location if anyone wants
to visit. It is private property but it's a rural road with plenty of
parking and little to no traffic.

Carole Winslow
Clarion Co.

Join us on Facebook!