Date: 7/4/17 2:09 pm
From: Simpson, Bruce <simpson...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Blendon Woods-Summer Birds
Blendon Woods Metro Park is located in the northeast corner of
Columbus off of I 270 and Rte 161. Take the Little Turtle Way exit.

Below is a list of some of the birds seen Sunday (July 2nd)

Nature Center Parking lot
Wood Thrush
Chimney Swifts-3
Ruby-throated Hummingbird-male, female
Hairy Woodpecker-male

Lake Trail
Red-eyed Vireo
E Wood Peewee
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
E Bluebird-male
Carolina Wren
E Towhee
C Yelowthroat
Indigo Bunting

Thoreau Lake
Mallard-female with 3 ducklings
Wood Duck-female with 2 ducklings
Female with 3 ducklings
Turkey-female
Green Heron-adult, young
Great Blue Heron
Double-crested Cormorant
E Kingbird
E Phoebe
N Rough-winged Swallow
Barn Swallow
Brown Thrasher-young

Brookside Trail
Hooded Warbler

Blendon Woods Metro Park
Nature Center 614-895-6221

Bruce Simpson-Naturalist at Blendon Woods Metro Park in Columbus