Date: 7/4/17 1:06 pm
From: Don Roberson <creagrus...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] MTY highlights updated and other new web pages
The on-going discussion of Monterey County bird highlights has been updated again into July, with new photos from late May, at
http://creagrus.home.montereybay.com/MTY_2017b.html

And it is the Fourth of July, when we celebrate our American heritage and history. I'm a fan of history -- spending a lot of time reading about it and visiting historic sites -- and it is thus a natural for me to write about birding history. Some of you will have read the stuff I published long ago about the history of California birding in the 1970s and 1980s, starting at
http://creagrus.home.montereybay.com/CAwhoswhointro.html
[those pages were created in a different program than I now use, and so have not been updated in many years. They look very dated . . . ]

As I get older, I thought it would be fun to write up a bit of personal birding history. So now available (likely with various typos) are pages on
what I consider to be the "top 10 best birds that I've found" in California, at
http://creagrus.home.montereybay.com/CAtop10finds-DR.html

plus a page on the "top 20 most satisfying bird chases" in California, at
http://creagrus.home.montereybay.com/CAtop10chases-DR.html

and to top it off with some classic poems and cartoons about chasing rare birds, in California or elsewhere now at
http://creagrus.home.montereybay.com/CAtop10chases2-DR.html

This 3-page set has links between pages. This was little project started over a year ago and worked at in bits and pieces. Could be better but its time to move on.

Happy Fourth of July to all!

Don