Date: 7/4/17 6:53 am
From: Karen And Jim Rowe <00000131a1cf8fbc-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Quail Revival
Marcus Asher is AGFC's quail biologist.

I am not only seeing and hearing more quail than in years past, I am also seeing significantly more cottontails everywhere I go. I have to stop our Boston Terrors from following us up to the barn where for the first time in years, I have seen several adult and a number of young bunnies.

Are birders seeing or hearing more early successional or early-mid successional habitat species than usual? More Grasshopper Sparrows, Prairie Warblers, Blue-winged Warblers, Bell's Vireos, Bachman's Sparrows etc. than in previous years?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 4, 2017, at 12:22 AM, George R. Hoelzeman <vogel...> wrote:
>
> This summer, for the first time in almost ten years, we're hearing Northern Bobwhites here just south of Cleveland. I'm not sure what has caused this years uptick in the quail population, but we would like to foster it...
>
> Remind me who the contact person is at the AGFC who helps manage quail..? I know I had it recorded somewhere, but its long since gotten lost in the ether.
>
> Thanks
>
> George

Join us on Facebook!