Date: 7/4/17 4:45 am
From: Sandy Berger <sndbrgr...>
Subject: Re: Quail Revival
Yesterday I heard one calling in one of our city parks. The grass in this
park has been allowed to grow. It's quite "wild" and has native wildflowers
in it. I've been in contact with the director of the park. He said he gets
calls from people who want to see the park mowed. But he tells them there
are enough parks like that already. This one is going to stay natural.
They will mow it twice a year, and after nesting.

Across the border in Moffett, a pair flew across the road in front of me,
from a cornfield, just on the edge of town. It was a very nice thing to
see.

Sandy B.
Fort Smith

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 12:23 AM George R. Hoelzeman <vogel...>
wrote:

> This summer, for the first time in almost ten years, we're hearing
> Northern Bobwhites here just south of Cleveland. I'm not sure what has
> caused this years uptick in the quail population, but we would like to
> foster it...
>
> Remind me who the contact person is at the AGFC who helps manage
> quail..? I know I had it recorded somewhere, but its long since gotten
> lost in the ether.
>
> Thanks
>
> George

Join us on Facebook!