Date: 7/3/17 1:08 pm
From: Sharon <silkart1...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Re: King Rail at Bartel Grassland
Hello everyone,
I'm responding to both posts on this subject. I understand both sides of the issue. I think to all of us who love and enjoy birds, when we come across actions either in the field or in this group that may call into question birding ethics, let's take a step back and think about it before posting. Let's think about approaching how we deal with it on a case by case situation. I'm not sure there is one solution to fix all situations. But, I think being careful how we approach dealing with it might help. I don't want to turn this into an argument of one person over another. But, I would really like Henry to stay.

Here's a situation I dealt with and the result. I have no idea if the woman will have some respect next time or not. I want to hope she will.

I know the Fabyan Woods issue has been discussed over and over, yet, there seems to be those intent on stepping over the boundary year after year. I ran into it this year. It was one woman with a 600mm lens and she was far too close to the nest. Without question, this was wrong. As I was leaving I walked over to her and as nicely as possible told her she was too close and to move now. I told her she was stressing the owls. My tone was firm but kind. From the shelter, I took a couple photos of her to document it. After I walked away she packed up and left.

Regards,
Sharon
River Forest. Cook Co

Sent from my iPad