Date: 7/3/17 10:29 am
From: <hgriffinwarbler...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Re: King Rail at Bartel Grassland
Hello Steve,

I apologize for posting directions to the king rail! I have not been checking ibet posts until I checked today and I didn't realize King Rail was state endangered! Matthew Cvetas actually just informed me that the young rails are Virginia, not king rails though.

Also in the future, with regards to birding ethics, it would certainly be more ethical to contact the person who you have a problem with directly (me, in this case) BEFORE embarrassing them in front of the entire birding community. I therefore do not wish to be a part of this community anymore if people are willing to shame other birders without knowing the entire story. I will not be posting any more reports on IBET (including migration reports) and this email from now one will be inactive.

If you wish to contact me, please do so at: <trumpetswan...>

Cordially,
Henry Griffin (Oak Park, Cook)

Join us on Facebook!