Date: 7/3/17 8:25 am
From: Stefan Schlick <greenfant...>
Subject: [obol] Lesser Wasco Co sighings from last weekend
Other than the previously reported Three-toed Woodpeckers, the hybrid Red-breasted x Red-naped Sapsucker and the Least Flycatcher, Casey Cunningham and I noted the following on last weekend's trip to Wasco Co:

Grasshopper Sparrow (still singing at 197 & Tygh Ridge Rd at 9am on 6/30)

White-throated Swift (2 along Badger Creek Rd at the cliffs climbing up to White River WMA)

Peregrine Falcon (Deschutes River south of Maupin, Badger Creek Rd)

American Dipper (Maupin)

Common Poorwill (several locations including near FR2720)

Tricolored Blackbird (3 calling birds at Juniper Flat & Victor Rd, 2 birds at known Victor Rd farm)

Acorn Woodpecker (1 along Shadybrook Rd)

There were lots of interesting partial songs and call notes and learnings for birds seemingly not being in quite the right habitat. Examples were Purple Finch in mostly conifers, a solitaire down in the oaks and a poorwill too high in elevation from what I know. Some spots were still exceptionally birdy and filled with song even mid afternoon.

Stefan Schlick

Hillsboro, OR

Join us on Facebook!