Date: 7/2/17 7:31 pm
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Breeding Green-winged Teal in Lincoln County
Hi Chris,

From your description of the habitat ("a pond in succession, soon to be
a meadow, stuffed with logs, grassy mounds, and rotted stumps ...
isolated by miles of forest"), that sounds very much like the location
in the industrial timberlands of the western Cascades where I reported a
Green-winged Teal hen with a brood last summer.

That location was in Linn County, not Lincoln. But I continue to be
convinced that birds don't pay nearly as much attention to county lines
as birders do. It's the habitat that counts.

Good birding,
Joel

--
Joel Geier