Date: 7/2/17 7:01 pm
From: Christopher Hinkle <christopher.hinkle2...>
Subject: [obol] Breeding Green-winged Teal in Lincoln County
This will be of interest to few, but surprised us. This morning Will Wright
and I found two broods of Green-winged Teal at Klickitat Lake in the coast
range of Lincoln County. The habitat is good for breeding Green-winged Teal
– a pond in succession, soon to be a meadow, stuffed with logs, grassy
mounds, and rotted stumps. The location is surprising, though: isolated by
miles of forest, and in Lincoln County. I would not be surprised if it was
the first breeding record for the county; maybe someone more informed can
chime in.

Cheers,

Chris Hinkle

Join us on Facebook!