Date: 7/2/17 5:49 pm
From: Jerry Petrosky <jerrypetrosky...> [cobirders] <cobirders-noreply...>
Subject: [cobirders] Douglas County Bobolink, Eastern Phoebes and Blue Grosbeak
Hello birders,

My son John and I birded the Castlewood Canyon area today. One Bobolink was along Lake Gulch Road at 2.0 miles south of the Winkler Ranch entrance. He was east of the willows and cattails southeast of 4030 Lake Gulch Road. Another Bobolink was southeast of the Winkler Ranch entrance.

Two Eastern Phoebes were along the Walker Gravel Pit Cherry Creek trail just south of the highway 86 bridge. I sent photos to Amy to put on the CoBus website.

We looked for Dickcissels along the Walker Gravel Pit Road. They were cutting the fields already, no Dickcissels. While listening for Dickcissels at the parking area, John pointed out a male Blue Grosbeak in the bushes across from the small parking area.

Good birding!

Jerry Petrosky

Join us on Facebook!