Date: 7/2/17 12:26 pm
From: Larry Meade via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Dyke Marsh, Jul 2, 2017
At least 20 people came out for the weekly bird walk at Dyke Marsh sponsored by the Friends of Dyke Marsh and free and open to all. It was a bit warm, but birds and their babies continued to be active. We found the three babies on the Osprey nest at the marina. They are ready to fledge any day now. We heard that they have already taken some short practice flights. At the beginning of Haul Road we encountered a family of Great-crested Flycatchers. Three fledglings were on a branch high in a tree lined up in a row waiting to be fed. We later watched Eastern Kingbirds coming to a nest to feed three very hungry babies who look like they were all mouth, Both typed of Oriole were around and we also heard a Marsh Wren,

Larry Meade
Vienna, VA

Subject: eBird Report - Dyke Marsh, Jul 2, 2017

Dyke Marsh, Fairfax, Virginia, US