Date: 7/2/17 12:02 am
From: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Rollins lake co.
Went up to see the trumpeter Swans this afternoon at Rollins. I wasn't able to see the swans so I went for a walk around the loop for the first time ever and boy that thing is long! Be ready for that. I was excited to find three different sets of pied billed Grebe offspring which are already in the immature stage. There have a very cool look with the pattern on their face. They're in three different wetland areas throughout the park.

Also I believe that there are two sets of gadwall Young in the main wetland area. That's my first time seeing them ever. I suspected that might be a possibility when I saw couples hanging around earlier in the season. I also suspected the grebes but I didn't know they bred there for sure; now I know. There are also tons of common yellowthroat so I feel like those are literally common there where they are not literally common anywhere else that I normally go.

Also a ton of song sparrows, a few bobolinks, A couple eastern kingbirds, and then the normal stuff Redwing blackbirds, egrets, cormorants, Great blue herons, wood ducks. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but you get the point. It's a fun place, check it out.

Suzanne Coleman

Lake County

July 1, 2017

Posted by: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...>