Date: 7/1/17 7:29 pm
From: Nickie Zavinsky <nickiezee0111...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Celebration of Steve Gerow
Please join us on Saturday July 8th for pot luck picnic Celebration of Life for Steve Gerow.
10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
At the “40 Thieves” picnic area in De Laveaga Park -- off Branciforte Drive. To reach the 40 Thieves picnic area pass the main park entrance and turn right into the George Washington Grove picnic area. (https://goo.gl/maps/B2DK4HSsm9N2)
The Bird Club will be providing plates, cups, napkins, and cutlery, water, ice tea and juice. So bring yourself and a dish to share.

8:00 A.M. Special bird walk
10:00 A.M. -11:00 A.M. visiting and more birding.
11:00 A.M.-12:00 P.M. gathering, sharing and remembrance.
12:00 P.M. -2:00 P.M. Pot Luck Lunch (The park does not allow alcohol.)
If you can join us at 0800, we will walk around the fields and maybe into the park looking and listening for any and all birds possible. This should be viewed as an event to celebrate our passion for birding and the beautiful environment we are so lucky to live in, and an opportunity to reconnect with the many people who were fortunate enough to have experienced the seemingly endless knowledge and patience Steve shared with us all. A day of celebration of everything Steve brought to us.

Hope to see you there!