Date: 7/1/17 11:07 am
From: Oakes Plimpton <opoakes...> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] Piping Plovers at Revere Beach
Birders: Yes the Piping Plovers were there (heard their piping first) with tiny babies, perhaps not even a day old! Two of them huddled under their mother’s breast, with a third trying to join them. They were precocial. The male chased off a House Sparrow! Later I saw a Plover chasing a Herring Gull! No Least Terns, but we viewed Common Terns diving into the ocean only a foot from shore! When our companion figures out his myriads of photographs, hopefully will send you all along the site.

Best, Oakes

ps: ps: Yes not too easy to drive there — Route 16, and you take a right to go to the beach. The plovers were half way down the beach — where you can see green beach grass. There are fences of a kind around where they are. Bob Stymeist delivering Bird Coffee told us Oystercatchers were nesting on the coastal breakwater islands off Winthrop Beach, many young ones!
O.P.

Posted by: Oakes Plimpton <opoakes...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional