Date: 6/30/17 9:52 am
From: Larry Meade via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Cliff Swallows nesting in Fairfax County
I received an eBird alert that there were Cliff Swallows nesting at Bull Run Marina Regional Park, so I headed down there to check it out. I found three Cliff Swallow nests on the Yates Ford Road Bridge. The nests were on the outside of the bridge below the road. There were also Barn Swallows nesting on the bridge, but they were on the bottom of the bridge in the shade. These are my first Cliff Swallows for Fairfax County. Does anyone know if they have ever been known to nest in the county before? You can see my photo of a Cliff Swallow on its nest at http://ebird.org/ebird/atlasva/view/checklist/S37885106

Also of note was a singing Pine Warbler that I was able to see.

Larry Meade
Merrifield, VA