Date: 6/29/17 9:07 pm
From: Linda Thompson <lthom781...> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] Kingbird and Chicks, Upper Mystic Lake 6/29/17
Went over to check out the Kingbird chicks about 4:30 or this afternoon.
Ran into Rich Turk. We spent quite awhile watching them being fed. The
lighting was not the greatest. Particularly with no sun. But it was fun to
watch them and take some photos. They seem to be moving their wings a
little. Maybe getting ready to fledge.

I am curious about one of the parent Kingbirds that had a reddish spot
under its chin. I know they sometimes have red on their crown. But I have
never noticed it under the chin. Is it a breeding sign? I should think it
is a little early for that. Any ideas?

I have posted a couple photos at: https://goo.gl/photos/jzPzM3Kc29EPMdBq9.
Mystic Lake 217 Album.

Linda Thompson