Date: 6/29/17 7:45 pm
From: Anthony Phillips <aphillips...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Song sung today in Millennium Park
Thanks, Vicky. For years Chippy's lived in my yard. I've heard them fast
and I've heard them slow, but never like this one.....rather much like the
many Blackpolls I have seen and heard over the years I wonder if he bumped
his head on a nearby tower in migration and called off the trip?

Tony

Tony Phillips
<aphillips...>

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 9:30 PM, Vicky Sroczynski <vsroczynski...>
wrote:

> Hi Tony, there is a slow-pulse version of a Chipping Sparrow's song, which
> could be what you heard. I don't have experience with dispersal patterns of
> Pine Warblers or Wormies in Grant Park, but maybe some other birders will
> chime in.
>
> Vicky
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 29, 2017, at 9:16 PM, Anthony Phillips <aphillips...>
> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:
>

> At noon today I walked into Millennium Park by the entrance at Michigan
> Ave and Washington St. About 60 feet in from the street, high in the row
> of modest trees that line the south of the walkway, north of what in the
> winter is the skating rink. I heard the Johnny-one-note, slowly modulated *seep,
> seep, seep, seep, seep, seep, seep, seep *of what, 5 weeks ago, I would
> have assumed was a* Blackpoll Warbler*. I hung out for 10 minutes,
> trying to see it as the singing continued. I saw it move once or twice,
> but without binoculars, I could not visually I.D. it. I went home and
> listened to The Blackpolls on my Sibley's app and they were all like the
> song I heard in the Park. What other johnny-one-notes could it have been?
> Certainly not a Chipping Sparrow, Pine or Worm-eating Warbler.
> What else could it be?
>

> Tony Phillips
> Chicago, IL 60608-2222
> <aphillips...>