Date: 6/29/17 7:16 pm
From: Anthony Phillips <aphillips...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Song sung today in Millennium Park
At noon today I walked into Millennium Park by the entrance at Michigan Ave
and Washington St. About 60 feet in from the street, high in the row of
modest trees that line the south of the walkway, north of what in the
winter is the skating rink. I heard the Johnny-one-note, slowly
modulated *seep,
seep, seep, seep, seep, seep, seep, seep *of what, 5 weeks ago, I would
have assumed was a* Blackpoll Warbler*. I hung out for 10 minutes, trying
to see it as the singing continued. I saw it move once or twice, but
without binoculars, I could not visually I.D. it. I went home and listened
to The Blackpolls on my Sibley's app and they were all like the song I
heard in the Park. What other johnny-one-notes could it have been?
Certainly not a Chipping Sparrow, Pine or Worm-eating Warbler.
What else could it be?

Tony Phillips
Chicago, IL 60608-2222
<aphillips...>