Date: 6/29/17 12:24 pm
From: Bill Shepherd <stoneax63...>
Subject: Re: RFI -- Birding Northwest and North Central Arkansas
To start with, Ryan, I believe there are still some Swainson's Warblers along the Buffalo River, where the old state park used to be. If not there, I suspect you would have to travel a long way south in Arkansas to get to the next breeding site. The last ones I encountered were in--I think--Grant Co.

And, if the Swainson's Warblers aren't singing, you have zero chance of encountering one. Are they still singing now? I don't know.

Good luck!

Bill Shepherd

P.S.

If the Swainson's Warblers are singing, you can hear them from 1/4 mile away.

Bill Shepherd 2805 Linden, Apt. 3 Little Rock, Arkansas 72205-5964 <Stoneax63...> (501) 375-3918