Date: 6/29/17 10:04 am
From: Adam Schaffer <000000135bd342dd-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: RFI -- Birding Northwest and North Central Arkansas
I've been to Tyler Bend along the Buffalo National River every year around this time. We see most of those birds there. The lower portion of the Riverview Trail leaving from the Visiter Center is good for the Worm-eating/Kentucky/Hooded Warbler menagerie. I've heard bobwhite, chats, and Painted Buntings from the Visitor Center and in adjacent fields. The roads to and from are great for roadrunners and we hear chuck-will's when we camp at night. At any rate, I think the Buffalo is our gift to the country. It's worth a visit. You might try Baker Prairie in Harrison as well. Enjoy,

Adam Schaffer

> On Jun 29, 2017, at 10:46 AM, Sarah Morris <saraha.morris1...> wrote:
>
> Could you post the responses to Ryan Dziedzic here too? I wouldn't mind seeing the list of potential places to go as well.
>
> Sarah Morris
> Jonesboro
>
>> On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 10:37 AM Ryan Dziedzic <ryan.dziedzic...> wrote:
>> Dear Arkansas birders,
>>
>> I am a Michigan birder who be in the northwest/north central Arkansas (Bull Shoals area) during the coming week (July 3-7) and would enjoy exploring the area looking for 'southern' birds.
>>
>> If anyone could provide information on potential locations/habitats for the following birds, I would be very appreciative (eBird is only so helpful in this regard). As well, if anyone is able, I would be happy to meet you and bird. Please e-mail me privately if you are able to provide information.
>>
>> Thank you in advance,
>>
>> Ryan Dziedzic
>> Mount Pleasant, Michigan
>>
>> WISH LIST: